“But there’s a beginning in an end, you know? It’s true that you can’t reclaim what you had, but you can lock it up behind you. Start fresh.” — Alexandra Bracken
Successful people like Conrad Hilton, Steve Harvey, Jeff Bezos, and Darren Hardy understand the benefits of goal setting:
- Goals help you to discover your uniqueness.
- Goals help you to overcome negative conditioning by forcing you to concentrate on positive, achievement-oriented areas.
- Goals add to the excitement of life.
- Goals help you to make better decisions.
- Goals help you to live your life the way you want (if you don’t set your goals, someone else will set them for you).
- Goals help you to bring out the “best” in you.
- Goals can help you reinvent yourself.
Goal setting is the most important of all personal improvement ideas. If you are falling short of what you want and where you want to be at the end of every year, instead of the same old tired new year’s resolutions that don’t work, try a real goal-setting process.
I heard it said the difference between successful people and non-successful people isn’t those successful people like the grind any more than the non-successful people. They don’t. They decide to do something, and that something involves creating a plan or a process to achieve what they want.