Overcoming Difficulty to move towards Success
Nelson Mandela said “Difficulties break some men, but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end.”
Because success is relevant don’t sell yourself short by just settling for mediocrity or “just good enough”, exceed your own expectations. Society puts success in a box and try’s to define it for us. It puts guidelines and limitations around them and then it tells us that if we don’t reach certain steps within those guidelines, we are failures. Success comes from within, it is the personal declaration that your life is what you want it to be. God designs our success, and then he helps us achieve it. So here are some questions to help you get on your road towards success.
How do you define success?
What are you doing to achieve success?
Create a timeline for achieving the success?
Commit to some action steps for achieving the success you want?
On your road to success you may have to:
1. Accept that things change and you may not be able to go back to the way things used to be.
2. Visualize what a new life looks like, feel it, see it, hear it, smell it and touch it.
3. Accept responsibility for your own actions, look inward do not look for others to blame.
4. Stop blaming others no matter how easy it is or how true it is.
5. Apologize to those you need to, make things right with everyone so that the slate is clean.
6. Get help for yourself for whatever your issues are, do not be too prideful to own your shortcomings.